The Begin Mat has a closed-cell surface, which will never absorb moisture. Because of this, if you are warm/sweaty at all, the mat will feel slippery, so we always recommend pairing it with one of our hand towels to absorb moisture and provide extra traction or to apply our yoga grip gel during practice. For towel guidance read our guide to yoga towels.
Crafted in Taiwan from TPE.
– 1.1kg; 172cm x 61cm; 5mm thick
– 5mm thick for support + cushioning
– Designed to provide the best start to any yoga practice
– Alignment stripe for proper positioning
– Reversible for practice on both side
– Hygienic closed-cell surface prevents sweat from seeping into the mat
– Eco-friendly manufacturing
USE & CARE
For daily refresh: Keep your mat in the best condition by wiping it down after every practice with the manduka’s mat wash and refresh. Use a clean cloth to wipe the mat dry before rolling or using. Never soak, shower or submerge the Begin mat in water.
To store: Keep your mat rolled up and stored in a cool, dry place, and away from direct sunlight.